About Me

September 28, 2020

Remembering ....


.... my dad. Today is the 18th Anniversary
of his death. It was a chilly and very rainy
Saturday morning and all our family was
together. It was such an honor to be laying
beside him as he took his last breath. He
told us a lot that week that he had so many
angels visiting him. We kept telling him it
was okay to go but I knew he was very
determined to die on the 28th. My dad and
I both had a "thing" about even numbers.
He died at the same time to the same minute
when he was born (I kid you not!) exactly 6
months to the day (I kids you not!) from his
60th Birthday. I hope I have this experience
when I am dying, though I'd like to live a full
100 years. I love how he smiled, closed his
eyes and took one last breath. We had a very
untraditional funeral ~ he wanted a party, so
we had a Celebration of Life and my kids
still have good memories of grampa's end.
A beautiful life, a beautiful goodbye. I
can't believe all the experiences we've all
had in our lives since he's been gone. I wish
he could be here to see everything we've
accomplished and been here on the days
when we felt we couldn't take another step.
I hope my kids feel this when we are gone.
That we made a difference and this live is
worth living, even when it difficult and so
hard at times. Miss you forever, dad ....

P.S. The picture above is my mom and dad
on our Wedding Day in 1984. When he
died in 2002, he look exactly the same. A
bit skinnier but the same. He never aged!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

This is such a sweet post.

Chy said...

Thank you Anne!

X Chy