About Me

April 1, 2020

Welcome April.


Welcome April. In our region, it definitely doesn't look like Spring. Very blizzardy yesterday and today we're hearing reports of icy roads and super cold temperatures, made even colder with the windchill. Happy we can just stay in and stay warm. I'm dreaming of putting the fireplace on once I'm done my workout and have had a warm shower. I've done 2 counselling sessions already today and it's only 9:30 a.m.! Shhhh! Don't tell my clients but I was tucked in a warm bed in my jammies .... I'm guessing they have been too. Truth be told, this is the first day I've allowed myself to rest a bit more. My next session is just before lunch so now I have time to treadmill and weight lift and shower. Then case notes and on to the next session. Part of this work load is finding a healthy balance between meeting my clients' needs and making sure I don't get overwhelmed at the same time. An unhealthy counsellor will not help anyone. Thankful for our warm cottage, a supportive family and opportunities to take breaks and work on art projects this week. It's working.

March came in like a lamb, with melting snow and warm air. So much promise with many sunny days and lots of Spring projects to dream about. But then the virus arrived in our country and by the end of the month, we were all locked down, the World came to a standstill and the snow arrived, again! March definitely went out like a lion. Hoping that April is kinder, that this snow finally leaves, the World becomes healthy again and active, and we start to see a green landscape again. Wishing you and your family a beautiful and healing April. Stay warm. Stay active. Stay well.

                                     ~ Chy

No comments: