About Me

April 9, 2020

One Day. ....

.... might be closer that originally planned.
With this Pandemic, we are still working
our full hours, at full pay but from home.
To keep busy outside of our work, we're
currently working on crown moulding in
the main floor 1/2 bath. I'll post some pics
once it's all complete. So far, we're doing
well with this project. And still married!!


Once this is done and if we're still at home,
I dream of starting to create this  sweet look in
a few key spots in our cottage. This seems
to be a very popular look at the moment but
I do think it's best in vintage styled homes.
Very classic and one I hope we can duplicate
in our home. In the moment, the plan is to
start in our upstairs hall. It is long and narrow
and leads to the Art Studio. We'll do a bit
of an art gallery above the trim. This should
break up the hollow look and feel. We'll
continue down the stairwell, another area
with length and height. More pictures along
the trim line at the top. The next area will
be our mudroom leading out to the garage.
This will extend going down the stairs to
our lower level and then in the hall going
to our daughter's apartment and our little
theatre room. I'd love to create this in our
tiny living room and the dining room across
the hall but think we'll do the first phase
and see how we feel. I don't want any space
in our house to look cluttered either. This is
the next project I've dreamed about forever.

What do you think about our plan to create this look?
Do you have board and batten in your home?

~ Chy

4 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

I love the look. It's beautiful. I don't know what board and batten is.

Chy said...

Thanks Stephenie. So hope we can duplicate it. Board and batten is this look ~ adding skinny boards to trim out walls. I love the look too! Wish us well!

X Chy

wisps of words said...

Will be beautiful...!

No, but we have bead board. -smile-

Stay well and safe...💛💚💜

Chy said...

I love bead board too. We have it behind all our bookcases as the backer and on the front of our island. Oh and our doors have bead board in them. Can't wait to start the moulding. In time!

X Chy