About Me

April 6, 2020

April 6th.





Yes, we still have snow. And the top left picture shows the fresh snow that was falling all day yesterday! Please know, in light of all that we are dealing with in this Pandemic, snow should be the least of any concern. But it is pulling me down a bit, as pretty as it is. At least if it was gone, we could be outside exploring Spring as it unfolds. We are doing well to keep busy and we do venture outside each day, for a walk or to just stand in the sun. To see blooms on the trees and green starting to sprout would be a boost to our spirits for sure. For now, I'll take comfort in the pretty patterns and shadows on the snow. So beautiful when the snow sparkles.

Dinner tonight, like all nights, was amazing! Dh loves to cook and he comes up with such creative and tasty dishes. This one is a favorite of mine and he always seems to know when I need a bit of a pick me up. Fresh chicken, stir fried with red onion and pea pods, with ranch dressing as a sauce. Sweet corn in butter and 4 cheese risotto. Mmmm! I'm truly not the best eater and I've struggled with food all of life, between food allergies, reflux, choking and anorexia, he has figured out what I can eat without issue and I'm so thankful for this dedication. I love being taken care of by my guy!

Today we slept in a bit. It was nice to wake up to sunshine instead of darkness. We checked emails, did some work, then I did my workout, showered and while dh did his workout and showered, I did more work. Technically, it's my day off as I work on Saturdays. But for now, I've spread my work out through the week so I have a nice balance of work to keep me busy and down time to do some fun things while we're all home and have extra time. I think it's working well so far. A bit of lunch, a bit of puzzle making, more work, then a break to try and figure out how to hang crown moulding in the main floor half bath. We've got the angles worked out and now we just need to paint a quick coat of paint and then we can start hanging. I might try to do that tomorrow. They are white already but the video we watched suggested a light coat so all the pieces are the same shade of white and I agree with this tip. Tomorrow will be more work and then down time and hopefully some crown moulding work. I can't wait to see if this works well and if it does, then we'll begin to add to the rest of the walls on the main floor in our cottage. This is one of the things that was on my dream wish list and now it's going to happen. Very excited! Fingers crossed that we do a good job and love it!

The rest of the week is pretty chill. Outside of work, meetings and phone counselling for clients, we're hoping to finish up a few things around the cottage. Outside the crown moulding, I've been pulling out pictures to hang. And I'm doing more purging and organizing in the art studio. We have some nice shelves to hang in the studio but I'd need to see if the paint we have is still okay. Stored it in the house, so it should mix up just fine. Afresh coat of paint on all the walls would be great. We have plans for wainscotting as well but the painting needs to happen first. Ongoing process that may go beyond our Covid break at home but we'll try our best. Then we'll move to outside projects, like staining the deck and veranda, more landscaping and installing gates, once we rejig the driveway. You can never say that we'll ever get bored around here! Always something we can work on.

All for now. 
Hope you are well.

~ Chy

2 comments:

wisps of words said...

You are doing so welllll....

Stay safe and healthy...💛💚💜

Chy said...

It's a big job following all the directions but we're healthy and in our Province, the curve is flattening. So far, we're going well!

X Chy