About Me

April 22, 2020

Birdsong.


Spring is here! The snow is gone, the air is warm, the mud is every where and we are now woken up each morning by the birds singing away. I know in time I'll wish they would start a bit later but right now, in the midst of our world events, birdsong at 5 in the morning is just fine. So much nicer than waking up to an alarm clock. I don't like alarm clocks!

Today was harder than yesterday. Only a bit of sun now at the end of the day. Gloomy skies don't help us feel energetic. I did manage to still do my workout and that helped. A quick shower than right in to the work day, which went well but again, without sun, it felt hopeless at times. I'm still working on some tasks today as my concentration was a bit off today. Yesterday was so much better with warm sun (I may have my first little sunburn of the year!), working outside, amazing food and good friends. Today was just blah. But on days like today, I always know tomorrow will be better. 

I hope your day went well. I'm ending this not so great day but watching "Call the Midwife" and then I think it's time to crawl in to bed early with a good book. A good sleep and a better day in the morning. Tell me now how your day was ....

~ Chy

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Sunshine makes such a difference.
( I'm watching Call the Midwife too.)

wisps of words said...

Ahhhhhhhh, you found that adorable illustration too!!!!! I was charmed by it, and used it in a recent post. Such sweet imagination... -smile-

Yes, the sun does perk us up! At least in spring. Come full summer and we will not be so happy to see it, every, every, every day.

Some days are better than others. 'Twas always thus. But we forget this. And seem to notice them more, *Now*. In this time of *Complete Change*. Which is very human to do, actually.

🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌺🌱

Chy said...

It's better tonight for sure. I'm warm. the song came out and my work is done for the day. My dh has a radio program and once he's done, we can snuggle up and watch Netflix. Have a great evening Granny!

X Chy

Chy said...

Wisps, I'm on the Susan Wheeler FB page and this was posted today. Loved it! Days are long at times and too fast other days. I wish this was over but also grateful for some extra time to just be ....

X Chy