About Me

July 31, 2017

Tiny Hummingbirds ....

I had no idea we had Hummingbirds
in our northern region here in Canada.


When we lived on the West Coast, close
to the ocean, we had them everywhere.


So it was a bit of a shock for me to be
out shopping one day and coming across
this sweet little Hummingbird feeder.
The saleslady told me she bought one
and took it home, made up the nectar
and has had masses of birds since then.


So I took it home, followed the recipe she
gave me and made up a quantity of nectar.


I haven't been able to capture any of our
tiny Hummingbirds just yet with my
camera but we have had so many, we
keep having to make the nectar. They
are so small and they're wings move
so quickly. It's fun to watch them hover
over the feeder and even fight with each
other. Great entertainment for all of us.

No comments: