About Me

December 31, 2013

It Can't Hurt!

My brand new winter tires were put on my car on November 30th, 2013. Best Birthday gift ever and I'm loving winter driving now. Wish we had done this years ago but our frugal budget was always a consideration. After saving all year and comparison shopping, we chose the best set from Costco. Cheaper than other retailers but not on sale. We kept waiting for a sale and watched the website of the tire manufacturer as well. But no sale, so finally, we caved and bought them at the full price, reassuring ourselves that they were still $300 to $450 less than anywhere else. 


On December 9th, 2013, I received an email from Costco.ca informing me that the very same tires I purchased and had installed were now on sale until January 5th, 2014, at a savings of $110. Although my tires were already installed and I had purchased them prior to the sale, I thought I'd ask if I could have the savings applied to my account, as a loyal and dedicated Costco shopper. I'm sure anywhere else would say "sorry, too bad, so sad" but not Costco. Rebate applied to our account, no questions asked, no hesitation. After all the headaches we encountered buying the tires, the company has redeemed themselves. I love Costco!! I love my tires!!

No comments: