About Me

December 10, 2018

Healing Candles.


Last night, we held our 20th Annual Candle Light Memorial Service for Grieving Parents. These families, so heartbroken, so vulnerable, come out each year to remember their tiny babies who died during pregnancy or anytime after birth, and/or their precious children, who have died at any age, for any reason. A club no one wants to join but here we are, lost and confused, but others reach out and suddenly a community is new but supportive and caring. Our losses define us. The pain is unique and  overwhelming. But Love connects us. We gather together to remember and heal.

I wish every year that we would set up for the service, open the doors and no one would come. No on would come because their baby or the child had not died. But the reality is that every year, we see more and more families and it breaks my heart knowing the pain that will follow these families for the rest of their lives. We can't take that pain away, but we can give them tools, resources and love to help them navigate their own journey. It has saved us ~ from being the newly bereaved parents on the block to the supporters, the mentors, the inspiration makers. As we were once helped, now we help those who can't ever imagine feeling whole again. It does happen, in time, with support. And when it does, we still remember, we never forget but we learn to breathe once again. It's almost magical.

~ Chy

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Oh yes, what you write is so very true. Thank you for what you do to help others.

Chy said...

It's an honor to provide healing opportunities for grieving families. I have THE best job in the world! Outside of parenting of course. X Chy

Carol said...

What a beautiful idea to honor the memory of all those children. My son Daniel, was stillborn in 1990. I was lucky to get two pictures, his footprints, and a lock of hair. No one in my family hardly ever mentions him, not even my husband. I am sorry for your losses. We are in a club no one should have to join. Thanks for writing this. And hugs to you. Merry Christmas! Carol

Chy said...

Carol, I'm so sorry to learn about the loss of your precious son Daniel. I hope you have found comfort in the company of other grieving parents. Please know I'm here if you need support. I am always open to helping others. Sending you a big hug!! X Chy