About Me

December 3, 2018

Procrastination.


Do you procrastinate? I do, at times. Not always. Just here and there. Some days, I tackle every thing as it comes my way. And some days, I put something aside for "later" .... it always gets done, but maybe not on THAT day. Today was this kind of day. I had one task that I kept putting off, then I'd open it, write a few lines and close it. Go to another task, complete that then open the first task, write a few more lines and close it. This went on all day long. Finally, tonight it was done. But truthfully, if I had just worked on it at the beginning of the day , it would have been done this morning.

On the plus side, my list of 6 tasks became 12 tasks and I got them all done, including the original that started out as my procrastination project for the day. I'm tired now, doing more than I normally would have but happy that I did accomplish so much in the end. Tomorrow is decorating at our hospice, then a few case notes, filing, projects and then home to get ready for our Christmas Party. Can't wait to get dressed up and have a fun time with our crew. 

How do you handle tasks in your life?
Do you ever put some off for a bit?

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I TRY not to procrastinate and normally I succeed in getting my daily 'list' of things done. But really, being retired there's no reason for me not to get things done.

Chy said...

It's hard to keep up some days. And other days, my list is empty! Thanks for visiting Granny! X Chy