About Me

January 13, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat!

"Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?"
Poet Mary Oliver
Reading? Just started The Doula by Bridget Boland. I thought about buying this before Christmas but it was too busy and I was so focused on shopping for everyone else. At the airport on Saturday morning, waiting for our flight and we wandered over to Indigo, which had a sale. This book was $18, on sale for $10. I had a gift card with a balance of $10.45. With tax, The Doula came to $10.50, so I spent .05 cents on a brand new book I would have paid full price for just a few weeks ago. So far, so good!
 
Watching? Some cooking show that dh put on but then just fell asleep a few minutes ago, so It's on but I'm truly not watching it! Will change to something a little more interesting.

Listening to? The dishwasher happily watching our dishes that we haven't had to wash by hand.
 
Baking/Cooking? Nothing at the moment but looking forward to baking chocolate chip cookies tomorrow.
 
Happy you accomplished this week? I put life into order so we could go away, which took a huge amount of energy, was very stressful but at the same time, so rewarding to get it all done so we could travel without feeling anxious that the work would be waiting when we got back. Now when I'm back to work next week, I start with a fresh page and a free heart and mind.
 
Looking forward to next week? Continuing to enjoy this island paradise that one day will be our second home!
 
BONUS QUESTION* What is your favourite board game? Monopoly. Love buying up all that real estate and having a stack of money that truly isn't mine! Linking back to http://halfdozendaily.typepad.com/my-half-dozen-daily/2013/01/sunday-night-chit-chat-1.html.

No comments: