About Me

January 20, 2013

A Favorite Thing.

Joining in tonight with Claudia
from Mockingbird Cottage and
her "A Favorite Thing" link.
 
 
A favorite thing for me is the
beautiful dishes our children
gave me for my big birthday
in November. I love dishes,
collect vintage tea cups, saucers
and sets. My grandma's china
is lovingly stored away in our
dining room and much to my
mother's horror, we use
them often, not just for big
holidays. I know my grandma
would be proud that we love
to use her things.
 
These dishes are special, not just
because I love the look but
because our children are now
at the age where they can
observe me ooh and aah over
something, forget about it,
but they stash it away in their
memories and then make elaborate
plans to obtain said item for
a birthday or Christmas.
 
I'm honored they care enough
to figure out what I do like
and what would make me
cry then laugh then gush
upon opening!
 
If you'd like to join in, here's
the link to Claudia's
link party:

4 comments:

Claudia said...

They are lovely dishes! I can see why you treasure them.

Thanks so much for joining in this week and it's nice to meet you!

xo
Claudia

Haworth said...

Those dishes are so pretty. And isn't it wonderful when loved ones 'listen' and then surprise us with the things we desire? That must make these all the more beautiful to you. And I agree we should use the lovely items that belonged to family members and shouldn't wait for special times to enjoy them.

Chy said...

Thank you Claudia. Nice to meet you too! I really enjoy your blog. It was fun to participate. May I add you to my list of favorite blogs?

Chy said...

Dear Haworth,

Thank you for your kind comments. I love that my kids are at the age where shopping with intention has become important to them! So much fun to open gifts when I have no idea what they've bought and the surprise is too precious.

May I add you to my list of favorite blogs? I'm reading yours now and really enjoying your style and content!