About Me

December 2, 2023

Organized Rolls.

This year has been one that included a lot of purging and re~organizing. For years, I've had a very lovely vintage wooden box that holds our Christmas gift bags, bows, tissue paper, ribbons, and gift boxes. In our closet, my dresser has two long drawers at the bottoms that holds all our regular wrapping paper, gift bags and tissue paper. I felt like Martha Stewart the day I set that up when the kids were little. So much easier to be ready for holidays and celebrations when the wrapping piece is organized. However, the one area I had not figured out was the long rolls of Christmas wrap. They ended up in the back of a closet, or in the new cottage, behind the door in the linen closet. It's a walk in space, so there is room. But at times, I'd walk in, only to see a few of the rolls knocked over if someone came in to get more toothpaste or fresh sheets. The answer was easy ~ we needed some type of container to store the rolls in. I decided last week when I had an afternoon to just chill, and started googling. And found the most amazing option that arrived at our door a few years later. It feels good to be so organized now.



Photo #1 is the mess that was prior to my order. Varied rolls, always falling over! Photo #2 is the new option, ready to be put to work. Photo #3 is the finished task, with all the rolls neatly stored and secure. I love there is also extra space for bows as well as 2 big pockets for extra tissue or anything that is more flat but needs to be stored. And finally, photo #4 is showing how neat and compact this option has turned out to be. No more mess in our linen closet! This can also be stored under a bed but I prefer to not use the space under any beds to store items ~ I would probably forget they are there and then head out to buy more items! 

So how do you stay organized for Christmas?

~ Chy

No comments: