About Me

November 30, 2023

Birthday Memories.


I had a very special birthday today. I
truly was not excited for today but in
the end, it was so special in so many
ways. I may have to share several posts.


This morning, we went to our weekly
Chamber of Commerce breakfast and
dh shared it was my birthday and I was
caught off guard. And then they all sang
"Happy Birthday" to me and it was the
sweetest moment! I was truly touched.


After the meeting, we headed to our office
for a bit to gather what we need for our
even tomorrow night, then had a meeting
with our volunteer centre for our festival.


Once that was done, we headed to one
of our local hotels to talk with their team
about our requirement for next Summer's
festival. At the end, after an amazing tour,
the GM asked if we had plans. Dh said
"it's Chy's birthday, so we're going to
head home for a bit before we celebrate
with family later. And then they offered
to have us come into the restaurant for
lunch, on them. We had the best time
eating the amazing food and talking
with staff who were brought over to be
introduced to us. We were so full at
the end but they sent us home with a
tray of birthday desserts. So incredible!
We will be back for dinner over time.


Let me share the photos: #1 is the name
of the restaurant. I'm assuming its a chain.


#2 is our appetizer: garlic aioli Crustini with
a goat cheese dip. A great start to lunch. #3
is a shot of my burger. I'm not a meat eater
but decided to try this for the cheese and
the bacon and pickles. It was so very good.
#4 is the Caesar Salad that came with my
lunch. It was equally amazing. I did have
to take half my lunch home as it was too
much for me. #5 is a shot of the in house
made lemonade that I now want to know
what they mix it with. Again, so good! And
finally, #6 is a shot of the washroom. So
elegant. We felt so well looked after and
know that this is the perfect spot for artists.

More birthday memories coming up!

~ Chy

No comments: