About Me

October 6, 2017

Seven Years.

 I bought my car brand new in 2011. It was the 2012
model and we haggled it down to their invoice price.


Such a good deal. I could actually sell it today for
very close to what I paid for it. But I won't sell it.


You can see in the first picture that I was just a bit
under 100,000 kms. I had been watching for weeks ....


.... and finally it was THE day, the day I'd hit the big
number. I realized when I was on the freeway that I
would turn over to 100,000 kms within minutes. So
I attempted to head off a side road and ended up
behind a guy going so very slow and I couldn't get
around him. I didn't quite get a chance to capture
100,000 kms but I got the next best thing. Truthfully
if we still lived in town, I'd probably only be around
the 86,000 km mark. But moving to the country
has added some kms to my car. Not bad though, for
owning it a full seven years. I hope to keep it for 
at least another three to five years. We paid it off
the first year and it is lovely not having payments.
I'm saving up now for the time when I'll buy again.

No comments: