About Me

October 6, 2017

And then this ....


Our little potting shed, taking on the look of a Winter Cottage after an unexpected and far too early snow storm this week. We were so thankful that our final event for the season, our Walk to Remember for baby loss families, was not impacted by the snow that arrived the next day. Perfect timing. And I was so thankful that because of the event, we had a few days off. So we cozied down in our little cottage while the wind howled and the snow swirled outside. Four days later, there is still some residual snow out here. It's strange to drive in to town now and not a snowflake is to be found. Hopefully that's it until December. We're ready for Winter, just not yet.

Today, I'm off to drive my daughter to school, meet our tenants at the other house to chat with our contractor regarding a leak they've experienced, to the hardware store to buy landscaping supplies for the weekend (planting trees and we need deer fencing to keep them away from the young saplings), to the library to renew/return  my books, to the grocery store to pick up the last few items for our Thanksgiving Dinner this weekend, to the big box store to pick up the second big garage shelving unit we bought for storage and 24 small plastic boxes for storage (on sale for a crazy low price) and then home to put together a box to take to the Antique Mall to fill up our booth. We're selling pretty good but that means we have to restock often. I might try and sneak in a little  nap and then we're off to a hockey game tonight. Tomorrow our dear friend is coming to spend the day with us to finish up our fencing and plant the trees. Reminds me I should stop in at Costco and pick up some bulbs to plant in the garden for Spring. Weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny so we want to take advantage of it as it's a long holiday one. Yeah for holidays! Wishing you a lovely and beautiful day. 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

You sure are having a super busy day!! I hope you manage to get everything done.
I spent the morning making Pumpkin pies ( 4). The family will be coming for a big meal and I like to get ready ahead of time. I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving!!

Chy said...

Thanks Granny! I did manage to get everything done and was home before lunchtime. The only thing that didn't work out was finding the bulbs at Costco that I had seen the other day. They were moved but no one could find them. I decided that was my sign that I just don't need to plant any this year. I'm still figuring out all my gardens anyway and should wait until I know for sure where I'd want them or I'd just end up moving them late!

I bet your pies are amazing. i'm making dough tomorrow and baking on Sunday morning. Everything else is chilling in the fridge for now. A small and quiet celebration for us this year. But I'm okay with that.

Have a great weekend and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

X Chy