About Me

March 20, 2024

Luck of the Irish.


I LOVE St. Patrick's Day, not just because so much green (my favorite color) is all around us. My mom's ancestral family is directly from Ireland and I wish we could visit one day to connect to family we've never met. My great grandparents both arrived by boat, across the ocean, as young teens in 1905. Two different boats, from two different communities, two different families, and yet somehow, they arrived in the same Province and found each other. I have often wondered how scary and yet exciting that journey would have felt. I wish I had more details so might ask my auntie if she remembers any other things about this special story. Such good luck that they somehow became connected. Can you imagine if they didn't meet? Our family might look so different. I might not even be here! Truly "Luck of the Irish!"

Do you have any Irish blood in you?

~ Chy

No comments: