About Me

February 24, 2024

A Night Out.


We went out with some of our board members from our festival society the other night. A chance to relax and enjoy the company, but also talk about a few items that need our attention. We chose a local pub that the guys have been to but I've only ever had lunch outside in their patio area. So it was a new experience. We timed our arrival so we had some dinner, drinks, our chatter and then stayed for the open mic night. Great music with local talent. A ton of fun for the night. We solved a few things and gained energy.

I have a salty Margarita, lime flavored. I usually like raspberry or strawberry but this establishment only had lime and they don't make the slushy ones. It was good but not my favorite version for sure. My dinnner was amazing: a chicken breast, with mushrooms, onions, lettuce, pickle, mayo and cheese. So delicious. I had this one other time and at that time, opted for a Cesar salad. Amazing! This time, I chose the house salad and it came with a balsamic vinaigrette. Equally amazing! Next time, I'll have the Cesar again, and switch it out each time. I think I prefer the outdoor experience  as well. Being in the sun and noshing!

Today we're off for a quick drive in to the Big City to pick up a sink I ordered yesterday for our new centre. It's from Ikea and on sale and the sale ends next week so wanted to ensure we didn't miss out. It's a similar version of the white porcelain sink we have in our kitchen, also from Ikea, but it no longer has the back piece where we place our dish and hand soap. Which is just fine for this smaller kitchen. Such a great deal ~ couldn't pass it up. Once we have that secured in our car, we'll drop it off at the office for safe keeping, then head over to the grocery store for food, take that home and put it all away, have some lunch and then I'll head back to town for one counselling session. After that is done, my dear friend and her little daughter (another "grandbaby" for me to love!) are coming over for a visit. We're planning to launch a podcast together so we need to sort out our name for the series, our topics and our schedule. Looking forward to our visit. After that, I'll head home, just in time for dinner, and then we'll likely just chill tonight. I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon for our baby loss gala that will be held in October. If the predicated snow arrives earlier than shared, I'll stay home and connect by Zoom. But if it's clear, then I'll drive in to town and meet in person. Hoping the later. We are supposed to get about 15 cms of snow by Monday and the temperature is going to plummet by 25 degrees. So we'll be going from plus 10 C yesterday to - 15 C by Monday, and with the windchill, it will hit between - 20 and - 30. A small deep freeze. We need the snow, just not the freezing temperatures. Knowing this was coming, we're stocking up on food and making sure things are all done around us so we don't have to come back in to town this week if it's a bad storm. Haven't had one all Winter, so we'll see what happens. I am very worried about forest fires ~ we're going to attend an Open House in March that is focused on how to protest our property this year. Never had to do this before but the climate has changed in our region. 

Well, that's our day today. Hope yours is lovely and amazing!

~ Chy

No comments: