About Me

February 11, 2024

Right Here. Right Now.

What I'm wearing .... jeans with a hole in the knee, a teal tank under my light hoodie, and matching socks. Two long braids to keep my hair out of my eyes while I replace some wallpaper and work on paperwork. A very busy Sunday!

What I'm reading .... "The Many Faces of MAiD." I'm doing a lot of research and watching community reactions as MAiD becomes more common in Canada. When I worked in Palliative Care, assisted deaths were welcome in our hospice. But outside of that setting, it seems there is growing concern for how far MAiD will go. I'm here to support families and not be an outspoken advocate on either side. On a personal note, with my mom's dementia, if she could have when she was first diagnosed in 2017, I know she would have chosen to have MAiD ~ she's alive and we're grateful but I do often wonder "what is her purpose now" as she progresses and has lost most of her language and many of her abilities. A sad story to share but worth it.

What's happening in my kitchen .... we went for the first time ever to a new butcher shop in our hamlet. We thought the pricing was much better than we thought it would be. For dinner tonight, two super thick pork chops are now marinating in an Onion and Thyme rub from Salt Spring Kitchen. Some veggies and a salad will accompany this lovely dinner that we can't wait to eat tonight. Hopefully amazing!

What's outside my window .... beautiful sunny, cloudless day. It was so warm and we went for a lovely walk down our lane. Waved at some of our down the lane neighbors. topped to see if our trees are going to try to bud early this year. 

What I'm thankful for .... my sweet family, my home, my friends and our community. Feeling blessed, safe and loved. 

What I'm smelling .... the fresh smell of newly folded laundry in the basket. After all these years, I still love doing laundry.

What I'm hearing .... dh just put the Super Bowl on for a bit to see the opening. We cheer on the CFL here in Canada so this doesn't mean a lot to us but he likes to watch a bit and see the half time show. I'm not really watching but enjoying the company in the room while I relax on the couch after a busy and productive day. Sundays are never dull around here.

What I'm crafting .... this week, I'm going to start repainting the cottage ~ all the walls need to be done and the trim. Today, I replaced some of the wallpaper in the main floor 1/2 bath ~ turned out great and now we can do the board and batten in this very small space. And start the crown moulding now that we've figured out how to make the cuts for the corners. Not really crafting but a break from the dollhouses to work on our own little dollhouse. 

What's on my mind .... we're making a big to us announcement on Wednesday and then on Thursday, it will show up in our local newspaper. So excited to see if we get good feedback. This is a big move for us but it's also so very scary. I trust it will go well but anxious too. Fingers crossed!

Words to live by .... the quote for today is above. Hope you like it as much as I did. I love finding a new quote each week.

Hope you enjoy this week's quote.

Having an amazing week!

~ Chy

No comments: