About Me

March 27, 2022

Hanging On.


I shot this very sweet pic not too long ago of our grandson who was sitting beside me on the comfy couch, reading his book. I looked over and noticed he had "Groot" hanging on to his arm. He looks just how I truly feel lately ..... just hanging on! Life is busy and stress has once again crept back in. I know this is just part of living but I wish it never had to be. So many things to think about, to worry about, to try and figure out. There is alot ~ I don't even know where to start!

Thinking about .... a big conference I've been asked if I'd like to attend in just 2 weeks in the Rocky Mountains. A change of scenery will be great and I'm currently working through the agenda to figure out which sessions I might like to attend. 

Worrying about .... my mom who has Covid but is doing well, our old house that we've been working on slowly to get ready for selling, the pain in my foot which is a mystery and won't go away, and a "thing" that is kind of, well actually it is really hanging over our heads. I don't see resolution anytime soon and it drives me crazy when "things" sit and we have to wait. I just want it to be all over. But have no control of when that will happen and what the outcome will be. I think of it each and every day and then try to move forward to keep living and enjoying the pieces of our life that don't have this stress attached. I have to believe it will end soon.

Figuring out .... what's next with the other house. We've filled holes, I'm off to the house tomorrow to sand and take down a few screws in the walls (will fill those too). I'll clean tomorrow, lay down drop cloths and start to paint all the walls, the ceilings and the trim. Dh will be repairing the banisters our renters were not kind too and then I can paint those as well. We have someone who is interested in seeing the house so the big push is to get this done asap so she can take a peek. They want to buy privately, we want to sell privately and the market is so crazy right now that if she doesn't buy it, we may still be able to do a quick sale. We're told a house hits the market and sells by the end of the day. Dh doesn't even think we need to do a lot of work, just list but I do want it to show well so that we get a decent price. I don't mind painting, it's a cheap fix and the renters never cleaned the walls and their kids even wrote on a few, so my thought is if I have to put hours and hours in to scrubbling walls, why not just paint! I find painting is my therapy. A few days in the house, with my music and my brush, my writing pad and a pen, and I'll have life figured out by the end of the week! I think it will look new again ~ so fresh.

Having a bit of a lazy Sunday morning. Dh is watching a race, dd is working out, other dd is in her apartment downstairs so I have no idea what she's up to but grandson is off for the week to his dad's so she's likely enjoying some peace and quiet! And I'm still cozy in bed, writing, reading blogs, munching on a treat and mustering up the energy to hop out of bed and enjoy a long, warm shower. We're heading off to a hockey game this afternoon, courtesy of a dear friend who's company has a skybox at the arena. It's a fun affair as the seats are premium, we get to indulge in an amazing buffet dinner (game is at 4 so this is our big meal for today) and the company is so much fun! Excited to go!

Wishing you a wonderful sunny day today.
I'll be back later to catch up on all your blogs!

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your life sure does sound full of decisions to make and things to do. Hopefully your house will sell and a few other issues will be resolved so you have less stress.

Chy said...

That's my hope Granny! Fingers crossed all falls in to place.

X Chy