About Me

March 11, 2022

Daily Writing.


A warm sweater and my cozy blanket on a cloudy, windy and very chilly day. Just 9 days until Spring, though after the extra snow this week with icy roads and blowing winds, I'm not sure it will ever show up! This weekend is promising to be sunny and warm, with temperatures that will hopefully start to melt our mountains of snow. Hoping!

I write every day. Not always in my blog but writing is a tool and a healing resource for me that takes up a chunk of my day. I feel blessed to be able to have the time to write and hope one day to finally finish the book I began several years ago. It's hard to think about the idea of finishing it and then letting it go out in to the big World where there is a possibility that it would get torn to shreds by others with their own opinions on my style or the story. Always a gamble. I told dh maybe I should just publish enough copies to give to family and friends and not worry or think about the need for it to sit on a bookstore shelf ~ though that would be an amazing dream! Maybe the bookstore would let me take my one copy, place it on a shelf, take a photo and slither away to the comfort of our cottage, book in hand, safe from the wolves out there who may not be so kind.

My heart is heavy today. I have no words for our current World events. The threat of a full blown war is keeping me awake a night, as I'm sure it is for millions of us around the globe. Gas is crazy expensive right now, which is puzzling as we are a gas exporter here ~ the plants exist all over our province, so it's not clear to us why our gas has doubled. Our utilities have skyrocketed, groceries are hard to find for some items and clearly more expensive. Life is hard and though we feel blessed to be safe and warm and fed, I can't help but cry for those in the Ukraine and other countries that have far worse things to worry about. I don't know how this will all end. Is peace possible? Or are we all at the hands of a mad men who wish to rule a World that is disintegrating? None of it makes sense and has truly brought me back to being 10 years old and having to practice sitting under our desks in school, clasping our hands behind our heads and laying them in our laps, in case of a nuclear bomb. That time in my life imprinted on my mind that the very adults who were to care for us as children were also the very adults who were creating the threat and the fear. I love childhood memories but the fear I felt then has returned to my little heart and I'm so frustrated that World peace does not seem to matter to a select few who have agendas most of us can't understand. Love still wins.

Today is my day off but I have lots of work to do. Shower, make a call to a brand new potential donor who is requesting time to chat (exciting!), converse with my work mates at hospice about our final tasks for our upcoming Spring Memorial Service, finish my outline for a meeting at 1 pm with  my co-facilitator for our workshop series we're launching in April (registrations coming in already!), time to write later this afternoon and I hope at some point today to work on the roof of our granddaughter's dollhouse. I had started this process and then ripped it off when it wasn't going well. Started a different method and so far, it's working better. Now to finish it so we can deliver it to their home soon and she can enjoy playing with it. I can't wait to see her reaction. Walls to paint and floors to put in and then we should be good to go. Ironically, I have the last week of March off and so far, the plan is to paint our other house inside and work on the floors so we can get it up for sale. A mini version now and the big version in a few weeks. 

Wishing you a beautiful day.
Even if it's filled with worries. 

~ Chy

No comments: