About Me

February 22, 2020

Home Tour #1.

I see so many posts of little tours around bloggers homes, so I thought it was time to do a more intentional post (or many!) of our little cottage. Today, our bookcases that surround our fireplace. Actually, just one. I'll show the other one another day. This one is actually my favorite but don't tell dh that! We both took over one unit each once we moved in. His bookcase has his items. My side, my stuff. 


We all love to collect books and have a number of spots to house them. I chose books that I love, books that I still need to read, books that are vintage, books that are gifts and books I hope to pass along to my children and grandchildren. All have a reason for being where they are, and this is true for all the bookcases and shelves around our little house.  


I love this goblet. I originally had a plant in here but as bright as the house is, it just wasn't a light spot and the plant did not thrive. Now I have soaps and some memory items and a sweet little mesh butterfly. Hanging from the butterfly is a Willow Tree collectible I received as a gift. A tiny china teapot from a child's set, a four leaf clover thimble and a sweet little pot of flowers that one day will go in to the garden of the finished dollhouse. I won this item the first year we attended the Annual Dollhouse Show. 


The Valentine's card I gave my dh this year. There is a funny story behind this card. I may have to share it one day!


And the card he gave to me, which also happens to have a funny story. We both spend quite a bit of time choosing cards and I have kept all of them over the years. Now they are securely stored in our art studio. One day, they will be tucked away in to a scrapbook or two. Precious keepsakes.


Last year, we found this amazing candle on sale at Indigo for just a few dollars after Christmas. It was originally expensive but the Boxing Week Sale was perfect. I love the scent of trees and this one delivers. It should have done in to the storage boxes for holiday items but I've kept it out for now. I often walk by and talk the lid off to enjoy the smell. 


Vintage books holding up that sweet smelling candle and a tree of life a dear friend crafted for me. I found these three small volumes at the antique mall one day. I haven't read them yet but loved how they looked stacked up. 

So that's the end of this first tour of our little cottage in the big woods. I look forward to showing more corners of our home. I love home tours on blogs and hope you enjoyed this little one from our cottage to yours, on this snowy, windy, cloudy and now sunny day! Enjoy your weekend ....

~ Chy

2 comments:

wisps of words said...

Oh I too, love blogger's home tours!!!!

Just like I love to be able to see into lit windows, of homes. I think most women do. We love to see how others homes look.

Your peek of your bookcase, is very lovely. Filled with the items, which bring a smile to your face, each time you see them. And just as it should be.

For myself, I also love all "sets." No film or tv program's plot, is as important to me, as the 'sets,' where the film is shot. -smile- And I love home layouts. Always loved to try to figure out, how rooms were arranged, in magazine layouts of homes.

So you can see, I appreciate such a post.

*•.¸💛¸.•*

Granny Marigold said...

Your bookcase filled with special treasures is lovely. Thanks for sharing it.