About Me

February 19, 2023

When Do You Blog?


Spring decor that I totally forgot to take down
last September when we decorated for  Fall.


A sweet vintage lamp that we found at
the Antique Mall a couple of years ago.


My beautiful writing desk that we found
second hand. An Ethan Allen piece and
the lovely family that sold it to us shared
they had never used it. No marks anywhere!


Time is moving fast. I wish it would slow down sometimes. We're almost finished with February. Today, I will start with a heartfelt and sincere apology. I've been very quiet on my blog but not by complete intent. For the last few years, I moved from writing 260 blog posts a year to 400. I chose that number with the idea I would write frequently, something suggested for new bloggers to gain followers. And I did just that. I also liked the idea of capturing as much of life as I can. Not just to share but also to document our journey. For now, I've chosen to downgrade slightly to give myself some grace as I move through, as we move through, a difficult time in our life. Nothing I want to share just a blip in the land of bliss. For 2023, I'll aim for 260 again and hope to get back to 400 in time. I truly hope this won't lose the interest of my blogging buddies but I do understand if it's not enough to keep you engaged. Please know I read all your blogs every day, and though many of you write each day, I have become more aware that each day doesn't fit in to everyone's schedule. I plan to use Instagram a bit more as a way to document as well, until life settles again and I can get more posts up again. For now, 10 to 20 a month is my goal, with content that varies from our little cottage interior, to our exterior, gardening, work, volunteering, family, travel, writing my book and life in general. 

Oh, and art! Can't forget our art ....

You may recall when we were building our cottage that we often joked we were "building an art studio with a house attached" and our studio is a constant state of activity. I use it for restoring dollhouses, building mini furniture, sewing, journaling and scrapbooking. It also has a workout area with a treadmill and a Bow Flex, along with a corner that is set up as a little playroom. Finally, a spot for dh to tape/livestream his radio shows on our station. I have many favorite spots in the cottage but the studio is literally a work in progress as we continue to work on it's function and style. One day, it will be all finished. 

On to other things ....

It's snowing quite a bit outside today and supposed to continue through tomorrow. It's a long weekend here ~ Family Day in Alberta ~ so we don't have to go anywhere. Lovely when we need the snow to settle before we venture out on the highway. Yesterday was busy but today is nice and quiet. I love cozy days at home and outside of this post and a warm shower, the only other things on my list today are to complete a grant that is due next week and catch up on my case notes. This is our first big snow since before Christmas. Not too cold yet but it may get colder through the week. I'm always so grateful for our little cottage in the big woods but anytime it's cold, or snowy, or rainy, I'm beyond thankful for our safe and comfy home. 

When do you blog and how often?
Where do you blog or is it anywhere?

Wishing you a beautiful snowy day 
OR one that is warm and sunny.

~ Chy

4 comments:

Debi said...

I try to post blogs on Sunday, Monday, Friday and one other day if I have something to write about. My life is not interesting enough to blog every day! In winter I blog from my chair in the living room and when the weather turns warmer I often blog from our back porch as it is one of my favorite spots.

Connie said...

Hello from a recent reader of your blog. I started a new blog this year but I used to blog quite a bit, beginning in 2007 and after it got hacked and hijacked I deleted it some years ago. I wanted to try posting every day but I got sick twice since I started it and I didn't keep up with the posting.

Chy said...

I love reading about your life Debi. Your posts are always a great read!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Connie for visiting. I look forward to exploring your blog. Hope you'll visit again!

X Chy