About Me

December 13, 2019

Beatrix Potter.


I captured this Beatrix Potter print from another blog a while ago. It's a vintage print, and it's hard to read but it says "A Happy Christmas to You" ~ a sweet sentiment for this season. I collect old postcards and I wonder if this was made in to a card. I'll have to keep a look out in my travels. 

The world Beatrix Potter created with her words and her art has always fascinated me. I played one of Peter Rabbit's sisters in a kindergarten play, my first voyage up on to the big stage .... if my memory is correct, I was tiny Cottontail. From there, I had a love for the imaginary setting and story. When we were having our first baby, our first daughter, by chance, I found a beautiful calendar to record all her firsts in her first year of life. And it was a Beatrix Potter item. From there, we added in bits and pieces as we found stuffed animals and books to create a little nursery. I've kept some of the special items and books and they now grace the bookcase in our guest bedroom and in a couple of key spots in our home. I love cute and small things. Tiny rabbits, beautiful art and sweet words, with soft colors ~ love it all.

Today I'm counselling grieving individuals and families, I have a student eval with her coordinator, then I'm heading back to our satellite office in my community to meet a new family. Home after that, to the cozy little cottage in the big woods to bake cookies for an event and spend time with my family. What are your plans for today? Busy or quiet?

~ Chy

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

OH, I love B.P. too.
I had a wonderful afternoon with my second oldest daughter ( read all about it on my blog). It's been raining on and off all day but it couldn't dampen our fun.

Chy said...

I love finding others who have similar likes. And I'm glad you had a great afternoon with your daughter, Granny!

X Chy

Mereknits said...

This time of year can be so tough for so many people who are grieving. Thank you for all you do to help them.

Chy said...

Thank you Meredith. I LOVE my job. Such a passion and watching people grow from such a dark place is a bonus!

I love to read your posts about your day and your career. I thank you also for working with the families you do as well. Bravo!

X Chy