About Me

September 3, 2019

Nook Corner.


I have so many favorite spots in our house but this one is new to me, now that we have our shutters installed. I was hoping we'd like the classic look of wood shutters but had no idea I'd fall in in love with them. Now we're waiting for the family room units to be put in. Then we'll sit with these for the Winter (and save) and make a decision if we want to add them to more windows throughout the house. The small wreath we found at the charity shop for $1. I was going to hang it on the front door but then threw it up on the shutters and now I want to find one for each window!


The quilted pillow was a find from the Antique Mall a few years ago. One of my favorite booths had a little sale and I scored this treasure. The tiny plant was a gift from my dh in the Spring. A surprise one cold and snowy day. Still blooming and still tiny but so very sweet. I love it!


An antique shelf I painted to match the kitchen cabinets. A $10 find at the charity shop years ago. I featured it often in my blog posts when we still lived in our other house. It sat for a bit in our storage room and then one day, I grabbed it to hang in the art studio, after it was to be painted of course. But it never left the kitchen and somehow found it's way to our nook. The arched frame was a Michael's "buy one, get one free" sale. I found this and another item for the new house. I love the plant has been slowly creeping up the frame, almost overtaking it. A few vintage pots and some postcards with sweet memories on the back. It really is a lovely corner to sit and view outside. Or have a snack. Or take care of my plants. Or decorate through the seasons. 

Do you have a nook corner?
Or a favorite spot in your house?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

In nice weather our porch is my favourite spot. In winter I have several spots to choose from. We are blessed.

Chy said...

I love you have several favorite spots too Granny! I love our veranda at the end of the day when the sun streams through the trees! And the window seat in our bedroom. Or my cozy bathtub on a cold Winter's night! The art studio on a rainy afternoon. All great!

X Chy