About Me

June 5, 2016

Crazy Busy.

Ahhh!! I have no image tonight, no picture, no visual. I'm still learning to use my Mac and for whatever reason, it won't let me copy and paste a graphic to add some character to my post. So bear with me and I hope you can read this without anything to entice you to continue on. 

June is always a hectic month. Programs are ending, summer holidays are just around the corner and the deadlines are huge. I have a scrapbook to finish, a grant to write, an Annual General Meeting to prepare for (report and audited budget), goodbyes to prepare and a very long list of thank you's! It's also the month we have to schedule a visit with our builder to go over any deficiencies in the new house. Can't believe we've almost lived here for an entire year. It's also the time we start planning for fall programming so we can get our promotional materials organized. And our grieving kids daycamps are just weeks away. On top of all this, my dh may be making a career change. Which will mean tying up loose ends before he moves from one contract to the next one. Fingers crossed we can get this all done well before the deadlines and with our integrity and energy still intact at the end.

What did we do this weekend to be ahead of the game? A number of things to tackle the crazy busy list and a few extras thrown in as distractions, and they worked! Saturday morning, I worked within our grieving kids program, then after we debriefed, tidied up the classroom and gathered our things, I headed into the big city to deliver a presentation to a group of women who had invited us to a special meeting  to share our work, our passion and our future plans. It was a great opportunity and I used every moment I was given in the room. After a round of questions and discussions, they thanked me with applause and unexpectedly, an envelope full of money. I love presenting and teaching but it's even sweeter when my words can express our philosophy and intent. 

My family was still out when I got home, so I had a little time to myself, a treat after a busy day. Once they were home and we had all caught up, dh made a scrumptious dinner (chicken and veggie wraps with poppy seed dressing), we did the dishes and I cleaned up/re~ogranized the laundy room and then we decided to watch a movie (The Martian ~ very good!) while I did some work on the AGM budget and a bit of program planning. After the movie, we went up to bed to read but we both fell asleep before turning the first pages.

Today, we were up not too early, greeted by a very sunny landscape. After showering and tidying up a bit, we ventured into town to do a quick shop at Costco (yes, it's possible), then we headed over to our rental home to meet our new tenant for signing the lease. After she left, we got to work doing some of the tasks we need to complete before she moves into the house on July 1st. Our list is long but with each bit of time we can devote to it, the list is getting shorter each time. We boxed up some items still in our garage and took those to the charity shop. Tomorrow we'll be back to box up the last bits, then do some touch up painting if there is time. We also have to stop at the hardware store to pick up items that are needed before the possession date. I'm so excited we finally found the right family and hope that our gut instincts are correct. So far, so good. 

After we left the charity shop, we stopped at the grocery store to buy a small roast for dinner. One item turned into several but I'm happy we have dinner covered now for the week. When we were finally home, we put the groceries away and then did a bit of work outside. Took our garbage bin and recycling down the lane to the main subdivision road for pick up tomorrow. Watered my pots on the veranda. Came in and water my indoor plants. Re~organized the linen closet, then took quite a bit of time to re~do the pantry. Big job but it looks so good now. And truly, we won't need food for quite a while. The freezer is full, the pantry is full and even my overflow secret cupboard is full. Other than replenishing the milk later in the week, we're not hurting in the food department. 

Dinner was amazing (pork roast with poppy seed dressing, country mushroom rice and steamed veggies ~ broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), with Rolo ice cream for dessert. Yum! We watched a bit of tv, then went for a run down our lane, back in to do the dishes and then it was back to the computer to do some more paperwork. Another tidy (we like to take time each night and anytime during the day when we can, to put items away and straighten life out), we decided it was time for bed, knowing we had done all we could today and that tomorrow would be another crazy busy day!

How was your weekend?
Did your to~do list shrink?

2 comments:

Penny said...

Gosh Chy, crazy busy is the right description for you! I felt exhausted just reading your post! X

Chy said...

Oooops, Penny!! Sorry about that. :)