About Me

July 30, 2023

Lost then Found.

I recently had the experience of losing a very precious item that I had saved for and was so excited when it arrived in our mail one rainy day last year. A set of makeup/travel bags, quilted in my colors, from my favorite designer April Cornell. I used the smaller one for my small stash of make up and kept the other one for trips when I'd need more items in my kit. I brought the smaller bag to our festival in June and kept it tucked away in the bathroom of our trailer we were gifted for the weekend. Typically no one would have gone to the back of the unit, so I was shocked when this item went missing at some point during the festival. We looked everywhere but it didn't appear in our searches. I was gutted but reminded myself that make up is easy to replace and the bag, though cherished by me, was perhaps needed more by someone else. I posted on our volunteer board and received many notes but unfortunately no one had seen it and it was clear it wasn't coming back. 


Last week, when I had a break between activities, just for fun, I went on eBay and could not believe that after a very quick search, I was able to find a brand new, still sealed in the bag from a seller in California. She was lovely and the other day, this package arrived in our mailbox. Inside, the very same bags. A bit of a small miracle. I'll never understand why someone would take from someone else (not my style) but I'm glad this story has a happy ending. 

~ Chy

No comments: