About Me

July 10, 2022

Right Here. Right Now.


What I'm wearing .... khaki's with a flowered t and bare feet.

What I'm reading .... I'm pretty sure I'll be done reading "The Last Bookshop in London" by Madeline Martin. We're planning an early night and I'm looking forward to crawling in to our cozy bed to unwind and read.

What's happening in my kitchen .... the dishwasher is cleaning our dishes for tonight. I spent some time today cutting up all the fruit we bought yesterday into small containers of fruit salad for the week. 

What's outside my window .... sunshine, warm air, no wind and pretty flowers soaking up the rays. 

What I'm thankful for .... a cozy cottage in the woods, bills that are paid, healthy humans in our lives and a job I'm looking forward to heading to in the morning.

What I'm smelling .... the scents from the garden. 

What I'm hearing .... the dishwasher humming and our friends' radio show that we've tuned in to listen to as we support her. She supports us, we support her!

What I'm crafting .... pots. Yup, I'm painting pots for the next round of flowers. Today I took 2 huge ceramic pots my mom had for decades, cleaned them and started painting the first coat of color on each. And then grabbed an amazing black pot with flowers on the outside. I'm now painting it my favorite sage green and already with the first coat on, it looks better already. Now you can see the flowers etched in to the pot. This one will stay inside and I'm planning to repot one of my "babies" that has gotten far too big for the current pot it's nestled in to. 

What's on my mind .... Ukraine, hearings, grieving parents and rising costs for everything. Many things to worry about.

Words to live by .... see the quote I've posted above .....

Having an amazing week!

~ Chy

1 comment:

Debi said...

You sound busy, that's a good thing! Have a great week!