About Me

February 5, 2022

Vintage Buggy.


Our sweet vintage buggy from the 1920's, so I'm told. The stories this piece could tell. All the babies it has held. Crying, cooing and everything in between. I'd love to see if we can redo the wheels this year as the rubber is quite worn. Or maybe leave that as part of the journey. I love the look of worn so it may stay this way. A decision for down the road.

On top of the buggy is the beautiful blanket my neighbor made for me at Christmas. I've used it every day since when I'm cozied up on the couch to watch a show or read. Soft and thick, it's perfect for cold Winter nights. The ribbon had glitter on it and my dd quite enjoyed watching me try to get the glitter off the blanket. I'm always wrapping up anything for her with glitter tissue paper so this was her revenge!

Plans for this very windy and snowy day:

* a quick workout on the treadmill and some weights
* a warm shower and fresh clothes for the day
* a load of laundry in the machine before the others
* a few computer things to sort out including trashing
* rejigging our office to now house dh's new job at home
* a quiet evening at home ~ maybe working on the dollhouse

It's one of those days that staying at home is more appealing than going out. We did venture out yesterday after spending most of the week at home. I wanted to pick up my work laptop to get my files off of it so I can pass it along to my new hire (I'm getting a new one in it's place) and we timed it so I could spend some time with my staff as we honored the 1st Anniversary of our new hospice building. Then we visited a contractor for our Festival and handed him our deposit. Stopped for some goodies from Cobs Bread. Mailed a few items. Took 2 deposits in to the bank. Went to our old house to measure the cabinets (getting ready to start renos so we can sell). Picked up dd from school and then dgs on our way home. In between all that, dh accepted a job offer and that was a lot to think about, talk about and then respond. He's so excited as am I. Likely his last position before he retires. He's been in this industry for 30ish years and it was time for a change from his current position. Lovely company but not really his style and this new company has already in 24 hours proven to be amazing. And he gets to work at home all the time. The only thing I'll miss is our morning commutes together but we'll be fine. The flexibility is incredible, the bonus pieces amazing and the pay is phenomenal. All good things. He has already tendered his resignation to his current company and know they won't be happy he's leaving. He's their top guy. But at the end of the day, he needs to end his career in his dream job, as I am in mine, and now it's his time! So proud of him for taking the leap and we look forward to this new adventure. Now, to rejig our tiny little office space ....

Hope you have an amazing day!
Stay safe. Be well. Cozy up!

~ Chy

No comments: