About Me

February 2, 2022

Calm but Cold.


The Winter storm that hit our region on Monday has cleared away but now the cold has settled in for a few days. How cold is it? A few of the school buses out here in the country had to be cancelled due to the extreme bitter cold. Not our little guy's so thankfully he's now on his way to school. And dh is driving dd to her school for work. Me? Tucked in to bed with my wheat bag, my bowl of popcorn (my brekky today!), the tv is on for some quiet noise and my laptop. Today, officially day 2 of my holiday is going to be spent on tidying up the laptop (lots to delete), searching for a new one (a direction by my organization as my Mac is now 8 years old and starting to slow down), pay February bills, working on a project, creating a new schedule for my new grief team and then after either a shower or a hot bath, I'll tackle putting the laundry away (purging the closet at the same time), then dh's meetings should be over by then and we plan to watch a couple of episodes of a show we started watching on Netflix. Quite a busy morning!

This afternoon, I'd like to do something fun ~ probably work on dgd's dollhouse. It's almost done but still needs some work to finish up the last bits. Her birthday is in a few days and I'd love to get it to her on the weekend. Hoping to do some purging in the studio as well. Once it's nice out again and we venture in to town, I should have a few bags and boxes to donate to our local charity shop. Spring cleaning before Spring! I also have some letters to write. I may start that tonight while we're watching hockey. It's a game that makes me stressed so having something else to focus on while it's on always helps me. A good distraction if it's tense.

Wishing you a beautiful and warm sunny day!

~ Chy

No comments: