About Me

February 21, 2022

Love Necklace.


It's a long weekend here in Alberta and though it's chilly today, more than last week when we took our jackets off, the sun is out and the sky is blue. Our Family Day weekend is always a favorite as the timing is perfect. In the midst of still darker days, we have a few extra days off to do whatever our heart calls us to do. For us, we chose to stay home as the cold and the snow did return the other day. We filled the fridge and the pantry with food, bookmarked some new shows to watch, ensured the cottage was tidy so we could relax and made a very conscious effort to not do any work. We did drive over to hospice on Saturday as I'm having a hard time putting the filing cabinet that was ordered for my new office together. Dh was able to help but we did run out of time as we had an appointment at the bank to do our annual RRSP contributions (Registered Retirement Savings Plan for those who do not live in Canada) and we had to leave the last few steps for another day. But it's almost done and I feel better that it's not sitting in a million pieces all over my office floor! We got to the bank on time and set up our contributions for 2021 so now we can get our taxes in to our accountant. Taxes must be filed in Canada by April 30th and though we rarely have to pay, we like to get them in as early as possible as we typically get nice refunds between our RRSP's and our donations and any write offs for the year. Dh has just accepted a new job proposal and he will be working from home 100% of the time now so not sure what he will be able to use as credits but too good of a position to pass up so we'll have our accountant figure out those pieces. All his job!

After the bank appointment, we headed over to our other house to ensure the walk was clear of snow and the heat was up a bit for the cold that was settling in. Dropped off some supplies for my mom at her care home (outbreak again so no long visit), picked up office supplies that were low, stopped in at HomeSense and bought the sweetest 2 pack of Easter hand towels for our guest bathroom (photos to come), bought a few groceries, treated ourselves to a danish from Cobs Bread, then headed home for the rest of the weekend to just chill. Today, I have a few items to put together for work tomorrow but doing that while I'm watching "Escape to the Country." It's been a lovely time and I feel like I've caught up on some rest. More energy now!

I should explain the photo above. Dh loves to find jewellry for me at Christmas and this year, he outdid himself, in my opinion. This necklace sparkles in the sun and the wings feel like a hug. The back is beautiful as well. I should have taken a pic of that. Another time, as the necklace is hanging upstairs on my jewellry hanger. I love that he puts so much energy in to finding the right piece and every one has a connection to our life in some way. I wish I could find him gifts with so much meaning. I try and he's always touched but I feel he just does it so much better. 

Hoping you had a lovely weekend as well. 
Back to work tomorrow but looking forward to it.

~ Chy

1 comment:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

That is spectacular! What a sweet and thoughtful gift. You sound wonderful. I do the same thing with my place when it's cold.