About Me

December 21, 2020

Winter Solstice.


Today is the shortest day of the year. The
Winter Solstice. A time of endings and of
new beginnings. We had hoped to see the
Christmas Star in the sky tonight but it's
so cloudy here. We'll try again tomorrow
night. Our day was busy with work but we
did manage to get in some shopping for
fresh items for our week and a trip to the
greenhouse for their big year end sale. I'll
share what we bought in another post. It
was warm here today but cloudy. We did
go for a short walk to meet our dgs at his
bus stop. And then stayed outside for a bit.
Came in to our toasty warm house and had
some sweet cider to take the chill off. It
was a lovely day. I'm a bit down tonight.
I think it's not being able to see my mom
and wishing the numbers would go down.
I know I have so much to be grateful for.
It's others that I worry about. Namaste.

~ Chy

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I had a very short window of time between rain showers to try to get a photo of the star of Bethlehem. The ones I did get a little bit blurry, but you’re welcome to look at them on my blog. It started pouring down rain about 10 minutes after I took the photos so I feel very lucky to have gotten them at all.
Blessings,
Betsy
http://betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

Granny Marigold said...

It was pouring rain here so we couldn't see any star at all. The rain did change to snow and we got 12 cm which was a bit of a surprise. Merry Christmas to you and your family!