About Me

December 7, 2020

Capturing: Day 6.


I know I should write about how much
I love Christmas shopping. But today,
I'm sharing what grocery shopping is
like in the time of Covid. I so hate it!

We make our list. We pack up our masks
and hand sanitizer. Some stores we can
bring in bags and others we can't. We
drive into town to the store, limiting our
exposure as much as possible. We shop
fast, grabbing what we need and with no
lingering. We chat quickly with the cashier
and then dash out. My heart pounds the
whole time. At home, we use wipes to
clean the items, after we've washed our
hands and washed down the island. We
then wash our hands again and the island
after we've put the items away. The photo
above is the items we can take out of their
boxes. Lots of recycling but at least it's
all done. Then we sit down and take a rest!

Christmas shopping this year has been all
online, with a few small purchases in person.
We are shopping local but taking advantage
of curb side pick up or at home delivery. I
am so thankful for these options. But do
look forward to next year when we can do
in person again, with sweet music and time
to chat with clerks. It's the little things like
this that I miss but I'm happy we're home!
No where else we'd rather be, at least for now.

~ Chy

No comments: