About Me

December 10, 2020

Capturing: Day 9.


On Day 9, the challenge was "Something
You're Reading." This is the amazing book
I'm currently devouring. As a long time
devotee of the show, it's filling me up now!


It's set well before the television show began.
It's not the first novel I've read that is based on
the popular long running (60 years yesterday!)
show from Great Britain. I grew up watching
the show ~ it was black and white then. I was
about 4 years old. And it's not changed much,
though of course it's in color and the storylines
are much more "soapy" but still, it's a favorite
in this little cottage where were all watch it. I
have a dream to visit the set one day, down the
road when life is back to a World where we can
travel. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait!

What's on your nightstand for reading?

~ Chy

4 comments:

Debi said...

I'm reading The Winemaker's Wife. It's a story set in the Holocaust.

Betsy said...

How have I not heard of this show? I'm reading "Adventures in Yarn Farming" by Barbar Parry. It's a great story of how their life underwent a complete transformation by moving out of the city into the country and raising sheep.
Blessings,
Betsy

Chy said...

Thanks Debi. I'll have to check that one out!

X Chy

Chy said...

We've been watching Coronation Street since the early 60's when it began. It was in black and white but now in color of course. It's from Great Britain and Canada also airs it. Not sure if it's available down in the U.S. You can find it on Youtube.

Thanks for visiting!

X Chy