About Me

July 27, 2019

Valentine Plates.

Spotted these vintage Valentine's Plates at the old
Antique Mall a few weeks ago when I did a shift.


My gramma collected these plates when she still
graced our lives. When she died in 1982, her girls
(my mom and 2 aunts) split up the plates. For years,
my mom had hers in the dining room. Then they
moved to the coast and I can't remember now if I
actually saw them in any of the homes they lived
in out there. They came home when my dad was
diagnosed in 2000, he died in 2002 and back in
2017, my mom moved in to care. We had to pack
up her house and there are still some boxes in our
garage that I've been going thru. And guess what I
found? At least 12 of the plates! They were all in
perfect condition, safely tucked away in sturdy but
beautiful display boxes. Now I'm going through
each to decide which ones to hang up and which
ones to gift to my daughters. Feeling so loved ....

~ Chy

4 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

What a find! I'm so happy for you.

Chy said...

Thank you! I'm looking forward to hanging a few up. Good memories of my gramma's house, then my parents and now ours! X Chy

Granny Marigold said...

So glad the plates didn't get lost along the way.

Chy said...

We're glad too Granny! X Chy