About Me

July 8, 2019

My View.


It's raining again today. Do you remember back in the Spring we were so concerned about the unusual heat, the super dry weather and the fires burning up North? And all we wanted at the time was rain, rain, rain .... well somehow Mother Nature got the message loud and clear and she has delivered. However, she's gone a bit overboard and the rains (and storms) just won't stop! Our gardens and veggies are looking amazing. The landscape everywhere is so vibrant and green. It's starting to feel like we live on the West Coast with all the green. I'm trying to keep up with weeding in between the showers and the storms but it is hard as the mud is also in abundance. My only hope is that it stops over the next week so that our Festival site isn't too soggy ~ an outdoor Festival, even one with a big tent like ours needs some sweet sunshine! Hope your weather is cooperating. 


I woke up with a nasty, achy cold the other day so I've taken my own advice and am doing some great self care today. This is my view from my cozy and warm bed. A little background tv, many texts from my dh and work I can do on my computer while I let my body rest and recover. It's working and although I have a phone meeting later today and a invitation to meet my neighbor down the road for a visit and a glass of wine, I'm determined to not exit from my little nest until at least 3 pm! By then, I'll have caught up on blogging, Festival work, emails to my volunteers for meetings this week and some time to finish reading a book that I'm almost done devouring. Thankful for this day off.

What have you been up to today?
Are you still lounging in a cozy nest?

~ Chy

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope your self-care did the trick and you now feel better.
Too bad about too much rain. We're still waiting for ours but I'm afraid once it starts.....
I did no lounging today. Being Monday I did laundry. Tomorrow is my thrifting day.

Unknown said...

It did work Granny! We had some great sunshine over the weekend and hope it continues through to our Festival. Have a great week! X Chy