About Me

July 6, 2019

Indoor Gardens.

 I was never a gardener. We were lucky
to find homes that had perennials and
though I didn't always know what was
in my garden, they grew and bloomed.


In all our other homes, I did try to grow
house plants but somehow, was never
really successful, except for the small
jade plants or a cactus that would thrive.


Then we moved to the country. And we
had to learn to garden. The landscape
was bare land with just dirt and at least a
whole acre of trees surrounding our new
home. The trees have helped but the last
two years have been all about creating
our veggie patch, putting in a tiny front
garden and along the side of the house.


One thing I've discovered is how to make
little indoor gardens. With more than 40
windows in our house, there is more than
enough light, all through the seasons, to
grow an abundant of sweet plants. I'm
loving how they are growing so well
and there isn't really much I have to do.
When I thought I couldn't garden or
even grow house plants, I've now realized
it was the light in the house (or lack of)
and the country air that has made my
gardening much more successful. Love!

Do you have a veggie garden or flower beds?
Do you have success growing indoor plants?

~ Chy

4 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Yes, the light is so important. My mom always fed her houseplants once a month. That's wonderful that you have become a successful, confident gardener. I was planting begonias all morning.

Chy said...

Oooh begonia's are so hardy! I keep meaning to put some in my front garden and then get distracted. I hope you'll post pictures!

X Chy

Granny Marigold said...

Diudn't you have success with a Spider Plant? Seems I remember something about that. I've always claimed I couldn't get African Violets to bloom but at this point have THREE blooming. I'm almost scared to sat anything lest I jinx myslef.

Chy said...

Yes my Spider Plant has grown well Granny and I even have some shoots that are now tiny plants started! An African Violet would be an amazing try. I'll have took for one! X Chy