About Me

June 2, 2019

Thyme Garden.

Sunday mornings in our house typically end up as "gardening time" once we're finally awake and breakfast is done. I try to garden through the week but it always depends on which days I work, which days have rain and which days have family events. This week, very little gardening happened with the high temperatures (so unusual for May), the smoke and haze from the wildfires, and a number of evening meetings that didn't leave much time for anything else. I did water each day, sometimes twice and pulled a few weeds while dh bbq'd. Today, I'm hoping with the cooler weather and the possibility of rain this week (please pray we get it!!), time in the garden will be well spent.


Today I'm dreaming of how we can create a Thyme Garden. At both cottages that we book when we head to the island, the homeowners have created gardens like these and I've discovered they will thrive in our zone here. I bought some creeping thyme the other day to get started. We have to figure out if we need a short retaining wall out the front. Lots of drainage concerns to figure out. And our deck guys are going to build us a new set of front stairs, so I also have to map that out so we can plant around where the stairs will land. One day, it will come together and look amazing!


Seven weeks today, our festival that we've been working on for the last 14 months will be done. We've worked hard and it's all coming together. Tickets are selling and our only hope/worry is that they sell well so this is a success. Then we can start all over again for next year! After gardening today, I'll do some festival work and likely some laundry. Dh cleaned the house yesterday while I was at work. So grateful he does this each Saturday so our Sundays can be more relaxed. We also need to put together a box of items for our booth at the Antique Mall. This past month was our best ever and our booth is looking a bit empty at the moment. So later today, we'll price and catalogue. Then a bbq dinner and some down time. Last night we had movie night with "A Star is Born." Tonight we'll catch up on some PVR'd shows or Netflix now that "Game of Thrones", "Call the Midwife" and "Shameless" are all done for now. Not much to watch over the Summer but we spend time outside so it's not like we're missing anything. I have books on the go if tv is too boring!

What's on tap for you today?
Gardening? Reading? Chilling?

~ Chy

6 comments:

Debi said...

Sounds like you've been pretty busy. The weather has prevented us from planting anything in our vegetable gardens. We need more sun and less rain!

happyone said...

What a beautiful garden!!
We have Sunday School and church in the morning. Afternoon I spent reading. Supper and then back to church for the evening service.

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Hi Chy, How nice of your husband to clean the house. Congratulations on all you are accomplishing. I did machine and hand laundry today. I also dropped off some clothes at the Salvation Army, and henna's my hair.

Chy said...

Debi, thank you for stopping in! Yes it's been a bit crazy around here. But we're having fun and loving life!

X Chy

Chy said...

Happyone, I dream of my garden looking these pictures one day! Working hard at it ~ patience is key. Sounds like your day was very busy too!

X Chy

Chy said...

Thank you Stephanie. He is lovely (most of the time!) and it's helpful to not have to do it all. Sharing chores makes it so much easier! Your day was busy too I see. Hope it all went well!

X Chy