About Me

June 23, 2019

The List.


Sundays and Mondays are my 2 favorite days of the week. Do you have a favorite? For me, these are my "grounding" days. I accomplish more tasks with renewed energy after a busy week. Technical, Sunday and Monday are my weekend as I work on Saturdays. Sunday is full of adding and crossing of the task list and Monday is the get it done day. 

Today, my list looks like this for this bright Sunday:

1. Research how to kill horse tail weed with no chemicals
2. Plan our menu for the week with what's in the freezer
3. Gather cardboard for creating borders along the grass
4. Put the clean laundry away that is sitting in the basket
5. Work on the veggie patch now that the rain has quit
6. Pull out all the vintage wicker furniture from storage
7. Put the deer mesh around the veggie patch fencing
8. Decide then plant our raspberry canes in a sunny spot
9. Finish writing my letter I started to my U.S. pen pal
10. Enjoy our evening with the next "Big Little Lies" episode

Later, my list will look like this for this upcoming Week:

1. Pack up the preschool before Wednesday for the big reno
2. Work on the Festival planning and attending a meeting
3. Providing support to our baby loss families on Tuesday
4. Festival, Festival, Festival, Festival ~ did I mention Festival?

The Festival is our main focus for the next four weeks, though we also have to get ready for our deck expansion (the same deck guys from last year are back to build the expansion ~ we just need to move the rocks from that area) and we have to finish clearing out the preschool for the reno ~ we're half way there and have volunteers to work with us. It's the Festival that is going to take up all our time now. We power cleaned, purged and sorted out the house (everything back in it's designated spot) and pared down life for now so that we can just concentrate on this huge event we've created for our community. All the little details are now on our task list. The big details are complete. Our big and only concern is ticket sales. We need to sell at least 1,000 tickets for each day (two day event) to meet our budget and anything over that is profit for next year. Tickets are selling but it's slow at the moment. We're told that attendees actually buy closer to to the event, like the week before but this is driving me crazy as we need to know it's solid and we can then enjoy. I'll be a bundle of nerves for the next few weeks! Wish us luck and send blessings for beautiful weather as well. If it could be like today, it would be perfect ....

Do you write to do lists?
What's on your list this week?

~ Chy

8 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

I hope you sell out for your event. I used to always write to do lists. I need to get back into it. I have some planting and feeding that needs to be done in the garden.

Chy said...

I hope we sell out too!!

Lists I find helpful ~ keeps them out of my head, where I'd likely lose them!!

Hope you have a great day in the garden.

X Chy

happyone said...

Don't have a favorite day, enjoy all of them!!
No, don't usually make lists. Always put way too many things on it and then don't have time to finish them. : )

Granny Marigold said...

I make a lot of lists, mainly because I'm forgetful. Your list is quite long; I wonder if you got everything done!!
As to a favourite day I think I agree with Happy one.

Debi said...

I make lists of things I do when I need to go into town. I also make lists for gatherings we have here I (birthdays, holiday dinners, etc), but I don't normally make them for every day chores that need to be done.

Chy said...

I'm glad you enjoy all of them happyone! I truly do as well but Sunday just happens to be more relaxing and just us, making is slightly better than the others! X Chy

Chy said...

Granny, it was long but we got most of it done, then our neighbor surprised us and came over with his tractor. He moved our gravel on to the road and now our drive in and out is not as mucky! So thankful for good neighbors. Best part .... I learned how to drive a tractor. That was fun!! X Chy

Chy said...

I don't make them for each day either Debi, but for days like now when we have so much landscaping to complete and reno's and things to finish in the house, it's very helpful to stay on track. Every day stuff is just in my head, ironically, as a list and I mentally check things off as I go. Works well! X Chy