About Me

October 16, 2018

Fall Carrots.


We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving
on October 7th this year. In our family,
we prefer to celebrate on the Sunday
and then we can have a lovely relaxing
day on the holiday Monday. This year, it
was especially fun this year to make our
dinner because we were able to use the
veggies we spent the Summer growing.
Our carrots were different sizes so now
we know next year to thin them out. So
excited to have very fresh veggies that
we know have no chemicals or pesticides.

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

We also have our big meal on the Sunday partly because my sons always eat too much and need Monday to recuperate! *grin*

Those are quite the carrots. I used to try to grow carrots but every year the carrot rust fly would make then practically inedible so I gave up.

Chy said...

I love having our big dinner on Sunday. So nice to have the next day to relax and have fun! I've never heard of carrot rust fly. Will do some research. Hoping we avoid bugs as we figure out our veggie patch! X Chy

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Excellent job on the carrots. I have tried growing Thumblina carrots. They were very small. Your look amazing. My lettuce patch is doing well. I still need to plant the beets. The artichokes are getting huge!

Chy said...

I'd love to try tiny carrots. My grandson loves the little ones we find in the store but it would be a great project for us to do together. My beets are now pickled and I can't wait to try them again next year. X Chy

Mereknits said...

It sounds lovely my friend, bet those carrots were delicious.

Chy said...

They were Meredith! So good. Can't wait to plant more next Spring. X Chy