About Me

June 26, 2017

Garden Aspirations.

Happy Monday morning fellow blog readers and writers. 
I hope your  world is bright and sunshiny today. We
had a big windstorm through the night. All is well now, 
though the wind is still present. A "strong breeze"
they are calling it .... hope it ends soon. It's sunny but 
so very cool. I may need a warm blanket to cuddle.


We worked quite a bit in the garden again this weekend. 
Pictures to follow once I have them downloaded. We
weeded (a never ending task), dug out our birdbath and
filled it with fresh water for the robins and their babies
(not hatched yet), set up the trellis and then planted the
clematis vine. I also sorted out my pots and we have some
annuals to get planted. If the wind goes away, I'll try and
plant those this afternoon. As much as we are doing, I
know in this first year of gardening that my little piece of
Heaven will still look a bit bare. It's going to take time for 
everything to sprout, grow, creep and fill in. And of course,
as we go, each year, we will add to the garden. I dream of
the day when I'll be able to sit back and see the progress
and the calmness of the sun setting on such a beautiful
landscape. I'm patiently and eagerly waiting for the time
when I'll be able to post a picture like the one above and
say "how do you like MY garden?" One day, it will look
like this. I love the different colors, the different heights
and I'm sure the scent is amazing. One day, dear friends ....

.... one day ....

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

We're having a bit of wind here today ( B.C.) . Don't know if it has anything to do with your wind although yours sounds a lot wilder.
Your garden will take time but no doubt it will look wonderful!

Chy said...

Thanks Granny for visiting. We've quite a bit of windy nights this summer so far. Last year it was very wet. This year, tons of wind! I'm not sure which is worse but glad they don't both always come together. X Chy