About Me

March 16, 2014

The stories it could tell!

Having a lazy Sunday morning but we're off in a while, to meet a perfect stranger, in a parking lot, to do an exchange of cash, for one of these:


I've been coveting one for a while now, seeing them pop up on kijiji, at the antique mall and online, but always several hundreds dollars and not always with the wheels or often with a piece broken. I joined a local antique group last week on Facebook and within minutes, an add popped up that intrigued me. The very item above, intact and wheels that turn. It needs a bit of cleaning up, I'm told and I'd love to give it a quick stain but so excited that it sounds like and looks like it's in fine condition. For the budget~friendly price of $40, I certainly can't complain if there's a scratch or three!

Anytime we find an item for our home that is vintage, I often think about who might have used it. What they were thinking as they worked away. What their life was like. How many children they had. Where they lived. What they did for a job or for fun. I always wish for a way to find out about a piece but sometimes, many owners have loved it before us, so we can't always get the history. 

If only this piece could talk, what stories it could tell!!

4 comments:

Lena said...

Nice find!

Cheapchick said...

I love it! You will have to show us where you fit it into your home. Cheers!

Cheapchick said...

I love it! You will have to show us where you fit it into your home. Cheers!

Chy said...

I saw one on Pinterest that was used as a coffee table with a glass top. Or have it out on our front veranda once the house is built.

The lady I'm buying it from said she used it to put her planted pots on it in her bay window. We'll probably play with it for a while.

Thank you for your kind comments!