About Me

January 7, 2024

Right Here. Right Now.

What I'm wearing .... jammies and wooly socks! It's finally Winter today and we've been hit with a "severe cold snap" meaning we've gone from very mild temperatures to very low (-16 C this morning but feeling like -22 C) and later in the week, we'll seem even lower, with predictions of - 36 C to - 40 C. It's quite a drop in a very short time. I'm thankful for the warmth we've enjoyed for months but now with the cold, there's really no snow coming. We had a "dusting" that was less than a cm. I don't want snow or cold but to combat the threat of forest fires, we do need to start accumulating snow so that our Earth won't be so dry. So today, jammies!

What I'm reading .... a book I ordered for our counselling practice on ADHD. I'm reading it first so I can share with my team. After that, I have another one that I may dive in to on Trauma. So many books, so little time!

What's happening in my kitchen .... it's quiet in the moment but I believe ham and veggies is on the menu. Dh is working out right now in our little gym and I'm next, then he'll start getting it ready. So quiet for now.

What's outside my window .... cold air, sun, a bit of snow and a very quiet landscape outside. Even the sweet little deer family is staying put.

What I'm thankful for .... my family, my home, my friends and our community. 

What I'm smelling .... the dryer had been on and I can smell the fabric softener.

What I'm hearing .... I have the tv on low while I write and plan for the upcoming week. "Blue Bloods" is having a marathon, so it's just moving from episode to episode. I'm sure this is because the season starts soon.

What I'm crafting .... the new dollhouse ~ setting up rooms so I can see what is needed.

What's on my mind .... the sad state of our weather and potential fires in the Spring, but I'm countering that with being excited that our neighbors will be sharing a lovely meal with us next Sunday. Hopefully, it'll be warmer by then!

Words to live by .... a quote to ponder. Hope you enjoy it!

Having an amazing week!

~ Chy

No comments: