About Me

February 17, 2019

Cream Lace.


Before we were married, I was asked what kind of
china we would like on our wedding gift registry.


At the young age of 22, I wasn't really into china or
crystal and we had already bought our house, which
did not have a formal dining room. So we chose a
very sturdy pattern of stoneware from Denby instead.


Then 12 years ago, my grandmother died and I ended inheriting all her china, her silver and her amazing dining room set. I also brought home this sweet corner cabinet that showcased some of her favorite things behind glass doors (not visible in these photos). I stored her china in here along with other treasures we had gathered over the years. When we visited the East Coast a few years ago, we came across a lovely china patter called "Cream Lace" by Skye McGhie. Fell in love but couldn't fit what we wanted to buy in to our suitcase. And though the store offered to ship it across Canada to our home, I knew I'd be worried that it would arrived in tiny pieces. So we kept the pictures in our head and hoped one day we'd come across the pattern and all the pieces we hoped to have. A fun treasure hunt.

Slowly in time, we began to collect a piece or two, here and there. Mostly from our favorite charity shop and our Antique Mall. Our collection grew. I had it scattered about the house. Then at Christmas, our eldest found a woman selling quite a few pieces on FB Marketplace. Amazing low price and it turns out, she had never used the pieces. Brand new, not a chip or scratch or tea stain ring! I was so thrilled on Christmas morning to open up an obscure box and find some many pieces of my collection inside. I was teary and excited all at once! A small dream come true.

After the holidays, we then had to figure out where to store all the pieces and decided to clear out the corner cabinet, built for my grandparents back in the early 30's, and showcase the entire collection. That's what you see above. This is now part 1 of my post as just this week, I stumbled across more and had to rearrange again. I'll show you that in part 2 very soon. The last picture shows the cake stand that I have in my kitchen holding a small basket of dried flowers. I haven't yet decided if I'll leave it there or add it to the dining room corner cabinet. Decision and pictures soon.

~ Chy

2 comments:

TheAwakenedSoul said...

It looks just gorgeous! What a find. I'm happy for you.

Chy said...

Thank you Stephanie. It's fun to have a collection to add to! X Chy