About Me

April 7, 2023

Our Baby Fern!



About 2 years ago at this time, I brought home some tiny plants for our kitchen. I had found this sweet yellow vintage oval pot that had been at the antique mall forever. I would walk past it, admire it, and put it down. The price was decent (less that $20) but there was a chip on the back corner. However, one rainy day, as we browsed through the store, it was still there and I felt like I just had to rescue it! So home it came and a few days later, I brought a collection of plants home. No one can see the chip because between the moss and the plants, it's well covered. This tiny fern was maybe 2 inches tall (or shorter) and maybe 2 inches in diameter (or smaller) but look at it now! I recently found a large black pot with pretty roses in the clay. Black is not my color, so I painted it our light sage green and now the roses on the side "pop" out. I'll repot the fern soon and let the other smaller plants under the fern thrive now that they'll get more sunlight. Once it's settled, I'll post more photos.

It's Easter Weekend here in Canada and after a very, very difficult couple of months, I'm so grateful for the 5 days off I'm taking. Yesterday, I did some work in the morning, after a nice sleep in, then a long shower, did our laundry and off to town we went in the afternoon. I dropped dh off at our local greenhouse so he could set up for the Farmer's Market, then headed over to visit a friend in her new home, then picked up dd to take her home, went back to town to the bank, then another bank (we're transitioning all our financials so it's work right now), then picked up some food to eat while we talked to community members about our upcoming Music Festival in June. When we got home, we settled in to watch a few shows we had taped. Late night, long day, but it was a lovely relaxing time. Today, no big plans other than catching up on a few things, dinner with our girls later and maybe a movie. Tomorrow, we're planning a trek into the big city to visit the Antique Mall, then back to our community to pick up some groceries, then home to watch hockey in the afternoon. Easter dinner on Sunday, and no plans on Monday. Trying very hard to just be in the moment and taking in all of Spring's warmth.

Wishing you and your family
a beautiful Easter weekend!

~ Chy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Chy - I want to thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm enjoying reading your posts as well. Sounds like a busy and fun day!