About Me

October 17, 2017

Apple Harvest.

We planted two MacIntosh Apple Trees
in the Spring and we grew two apples ....


.... which required a wee bit of thought in
what we would bake with these two gifts.


In the end, we chose to make tiny little
apple pies from scratch, baked with love.


I've gotten quite good at making great
pastry and love the dough I can create.


Some flour, sugar and butter, with a few
pinches of cinnamon and we're set to bake.


All done and just enough to make six
tiny little apple pies, from apples we grew.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Making decent pastry is something I haven't mastered. Your little pies look good!

Mereknits said...

I bet they are the best apple pies you have ever had!

Chy said...

Thank you Granny! The recipe I use for my dough is an old Martha Stewart one and it turns out perfect every time. I highly recommend it. X Chy

Chy said...

They were amazing Meredith. I can't wait for next year's crop .... hopefully we'll get more than 2 apples! X Chy