About Me

August 14, 2017

My House in August #2: Tiles.

One of the items that we had to choose
when we were building was tiles for
the kitchen. I found it excruciating as I
knew I wanted a vintage aged look.


Our builders' wife took me on a few
trips to their regular supplier and then
to another one they sometimes used.
It wasn't very successful at the time.


Then I went on my own one day and
ended up in the back of the warehouse
where they had a clearance section.
And that is where the perfect tile was.


Tile that had that tumbled look, with a
wide variance in color and tone but in
the same family. And tons and tons of
it so we could use it in many areas.


This is what we ended up with. Because
it was on clearance, we had a credit from
our builder that we used for upgrades with
other items. So happy with this choice and
how well it all came together in our new
home. No regrets at all with our tile choice.

#myhouseinaugust
#AugustPhotoChallenge

No comments: