About Me

July 24, 2017

Howling Wind.


After a lovely warm and sunny weekend, we were struck down with a nasty storm that started last night with Tornado warnings, once again. The rain was off and on, the lightening bright and the thunder loud. And the wind howled for hours on end. Late at night, it tapered off a bit. We woke up this morning to a bit of sun. I had the day off, so my dh tucked me back in and off to work he went. I checked the sky (nice and blue) and closed my eyes to get a few more hours of sleep.

Just two hours later, I was woken up with another bout of howling wind. It's hard to see in the photo but the wind was once again wicked. And the rain poured and poured. I was going to work in the garden today but quickly changed my plans to tackle the tasks around the house that needed attention. Shower done, I made the bed, then put the first of four loads of laundry in. Re-organized the pantry, cleaned out the fridge, purged the laundry room, moved the pots of flowers and veggies on the veranda to the steps so they could enjoy the rain, gathered up the recycling, folded and put away laundry, re-organized our closet, the office including tons of paper work that needed to be sorted and filed, the linen closet, the guest room, the  mudroom and was about to work on the art studio when I looked out the window and saw that we had a tree down! I'll write another post tomorrow about our "tree drama" as it was quite the experience.

I was quite happy to be home today with the howling wind making the temperature so cool it felt like Fall. Happy to get caught up, happy to be safe and sound, and happy to have a day to myself. The storm finally ended late tonight and we even had about half an hour of sun before it set. It's calm outside, just the occasional drip from a tree branch. We're now tucked in to bed, windows opened just a few inches and the silence outside in incredible. Tonight, we're very grateful for the quiet.

Any storms in your region?
Was your day sunny or rainy?

No comments: